Wednesday, February 25, 2009

team building: engage and instruct…

My over arching plan for team development is…
These are the stages:
Invite, engage, instruct, empower and edify…
1. Do stage designs
2. Develop a team to implement stage designs
3. Train, grow leaders (duplicate myself)
4. Get styling the stage group up and running
5. Develop contacts of people interested in sewing, construction and 5S
6. Working on data base
7. Rinse and repeat…
After I get to know the person and extended the invite and they have taken that leap of faith to come try us out…
I find out if they have any interest in learning more, what kind of time commitment they are able to offer and then try to work around that.
Instruct…
A year ago, I was feeling so frustrated. I had offered to teach at our creative arts retreat.
I thought it would be neat to have a cool name for our group…
I designed a fuZe logo for a promo for the retreat…
I had thought about having tracks for people to follow to learn about various teams they could serve on…
But, I was the new kid on the block, they didn’t know what I was thinking,
This year they were ready…
Our team actually is using the cool team name, someone else came up with the idea and I got on board….
We are actually using the fuZion logo I designed last year…
It’s up and running on our new website (need to tweak, not enough info)…
This year at our fuZion retreat are doing track learning sessions…
I couldn’t be more excited. I don’t care how things get implemented. I am just happy when they are implemented.
I have a fun creative track designed for the ENHANCE team (new name, used to be pPod)
We are going to be learning about our personality types and how it works when we interact as a team.
Everyone who has expressed interest in the ENHANCE team is going to actually go through the design process up to and including preparing all the experiential and stage design elements at the retreat. We will be creating an experiential Passover Seder for 250-300 people.
The best part…the participants get to implement their element "hands on" that Sunday. I pray that they will feel the excitement of actually seeing the fruits of their labor and want to do more…

No comments: