Friday, September 19, 2008

caught up in the creative chaos…

I really look forward to Creative Chaos each Thursday. A gathering of creative artists serving God from all over the nation and world. Topics range from music, and videos to set designs and random thoughts, and everything in between.
This week there was lots of thought provoking posts.
Here are some of my responses:

@Christopher (Caught Up in the Creative Chaos)
Creativity is not a linear process; it’s more like the finale of a fireworks display.
Hundreds of individual fireworks exploding all over, entwining with each other.
Rainbows of colors bursting and raining down across the sky; accompanied by a cacophony of noise.
And how do you explain that to someone who someone who is looking at a picture of an unlit firework?
I’ve tried to explain it by saying that I know when I am in God’s will, because ideas just explode in my brain.
And that is one of the reasons why I love Creative Chaos. Though we design in different medium, we understand each other because of the thought process.
I’m glad to see God exploding in your brain!


@Tyler (Silence and Solitude)
This is one I struggle with often.
I struggled with trying to carve out time to spend time with Him. I truly had the desire in my heart, I in my earthly flesh just couldn’t seem to make it happen read: I was trying to do it in my power).
I am ashamed to say, there have been times in my life when God is trying to tell me ‘Be still and know that I AM…” and I have ignored Him.
So, I finally just sincerely asked God to help me find the time.
Now I know that when I wake up inexplicably in the early morning (or middle of the night) I know it’s time to praise God and then wait on Him.
Today was one of those moments.
It is so amazing to me that the God of the universe would want to spend time alone with me. More importantly, why wouldn’t I want to spend time alone with God?
Thank you Tyler, for being so open and honest about your faith journey. I know you will be blessed.

No comments: