Friday, December 5, 2008

kaleidoscope ...


The reality is I am going through a kaleidoscope of emotions this Christmas season.

Work is tough. With the economic times, corporate is cutting back on our staffing hours; which means less hours (pay) for us the front line workers. Just as the holiday increase in sales and traffic are ramping up. It’s harder and harder each day to accomplish all the tasks we must perform as well as provide that “legendary customer service” we so believe in.

But, I have a decent job…

The oldest dog in my menagerie, Puffin is failing fast. I tearfully watch her stumble around. Her little feeble legs just fail to hold her up and she flops to the floor. Her seizures are increasing. She has totally forgotten how to do much of anything. Including asking to eat, go out…

I know her time is quickly coming.

But, I reflect back on the 18 plus years of joy, love and friendship she given me…

The house is a disaster. Everything is in total chaos. We try to keep up. Remember my little aged dog, who forgets to ask to go out…well…you figure it out.

But, I am thankful we still have a home…

Also the one year anniversary of my dad’s death is approaching. This one is tough of course. Anyone who has experienced the death of a close loved one will understand the roll coaster of emotions that are occurring in my heart. It’s really hard to write just what I am feeling.

But, I am thankful knowing he is finally at peace…

I literally have no money in my bank account. I took three weeks off to go care for my brother and his family while he recently had heart surgery.

But, someday soon, I will get another check…

Yet I am very excited about Christmas, even without participating in all the shopping, wrapping, decorating, cards and such. Not even planning Christmas dinner. Each day I wake up with a song of praise in my heart. I actually feel child like as I joyfully await the celebration of the birth of my Savior.

With all these emotions turning in my mind, I’m still approaching this season with awe...

What is the reality of your Christmas season this year?

No comments: