Saturday, November 1, 2008

heart surgery and the Lion King...

Man, it has been a hectic couple of weeks.
I went to Indianapolis and have returned and now am getting ready for my big trip to Indianapolis-Cleveland-Indy-Southern Illinois-Indy-Lion King-home.
As you may know, my youngest brother is having heart surgery at the Cleveland Clinic.
I'm flying to Indianapolis today. I'll pick up my mother there and we are driving to Cleveland tomorrow, where my brother will have his surgery on Monday. He and his wife have been in Cleveland since Wednesday getting tests.
We will be there for a couple of days, while he has his surgery, then return to Indy to help watch his three young children.
After he returns to Indy, mom and I will head south to visit my 92 year old grandmother.
We will return after a couple of days and then we are going to go see the Lion King!
Then I will head back home to Virginia.
In between all this I am working at a different Starbucks this week. That's another story in it self entirely.
And trying to coordinate a stage design (or two).
Yesterday and this morning been sending messages back and forth to our creative team, as the gal who was working on the stage backdrop has gotten sick and not able to complete this weeks design and her family has been sick all week. Poor thing.
This morning we are trying to arrange to have part of the remainder of the cardboards from the cardboard testimonies picked up (she lives 45 minutes away from the church) and transported to the church. Fun stuff.
Thankfully I work with a super team who is picking up the slack and praying for my family.
On that note, I'm am letting God handle this and going to go take my clothes out of the dryer to pack.
How has your week gone? What are you doing this weekend?

No comments: