Saturday, November 29, 2008

stepping over the line...

I was driving in for worship set up this morning and realized that I was really excited to get back to Virginia. Specifically I was excited about being back in the groove of setting up staging for our worship. I really missed it. It was fun to connect with the super dedicated team I serve with. It was great to be hands on again, implementing staging on the fly. I even had to stop off at a drug store to buy some safety pins, since my pPod bag (with all the tools, etc I use to set up) is at someone else's house.

I guess that is a sure sign that you are called to serve, when you step over the line to total commitment.

My friend Beth talks about a line that she sees between those that serve and those who participate. What is really interesting is people that are simply participants often don't feel connected.

I feel, to feel connected you have to step over the line...
the line to serve...
the line to be in a small group...
the line to commit...

I have a friend that has been skipping church recently. And it really sounds like she is ready to step down from serving...I'm just waiting for it. I've been hearing it coming for months now. In essence, she is trying to slowly step backwards over that line of demarcation. Next, I'll hear she doesn't feel connected anymore. Gee, I wonder why?
It's sad really.

What side of the line are you on at the moment?

No comments: