Wednesday, March 4, 2009

on top of a ladder...













One of my greatest delights is that my son and his family go to XC. This means I get to see them almost every Sunday. After the children are picked up from Flipt!, they come into the auditorium to see me.
This Sunday I decided to quickly try out an idea on how to add a Jesus image to our set design for next week. So, I grabbed Beth and I climbed up the ladder...
I look down and I see my grandson Ethan and his mommy standing at the front of the stage.
I'm calling out "Ethan, Ethan, Ethan!" But no one is able to hear me, it's very loud with everyone chatting after worship in the auditorium. I'm calling and calling. And then they left. I was so disappointed. Later I got a text message asking where I had been, they were looking for me and couldn't find me...
So, I sent Ethan an e-mail with this picture, I just happened to have. Explaining where I was, when he was looking for me...

Hmmm, seriously, just had a thought. How often is God calling out to us and we don't hear Him because we don't look up?

I need to remember to look up more this week.

No comments: