Tuesday, March 17, 2009

EXPLODE!
In the short year I’ve been styling the stage at XC. God has given me some design guidelines. One of them is:


further up, out, in…

It's a key phrase that pops up in my mind when designing an element I am always looking to expand designs further up and out. Something that reaches beyond the stage. To utilize all the air in the worship space, not just what is visually in front of our faces on the stage.And to design something that really reaches in(to) people. A new way to experience God.

I’m always amazed how when I am in God's will, God explodes ideas in my brain.

I keep trying to explain ‘how” God explodes in my brain. I’ll try again. Literally, I was looking at the Flickr badge for the creative elements design WAREHOUSE lab (see to the right). Watch how it starts with a small picture, “pops” the picture out and then back in…





















Currently the styling element we are working with starts at the back of the stage and is reaching out…
I was already planning on pulling the red cloth even further out into the auditorium.
Then I saw the flickr badge and thought, what if I pulled the design from the back of the stage and start it from the middle of the stage, then pull it out further...
Going to try it this Saturday when we style the stage...



Pop back in (next) Thursday for creative fuZion lab to see how this idea (pop) plays itself out on stage. I really think it’s going to rock!


Are you able to "see" what I am talking about?

No comments: