Wednesday, June 11, 2008

1,000,000 followers against the use of scary churchy words...

I want to start an application group on facebook that is:
1,000,000 followers against the use of scary churchy words...
First goal: Banning the term “seeker”…


“We’d like to welcome the seeker (read: we’ve got it - you don’t get it! ha, ha, ha!)”

It is so churchy, and screams out the “us against them” mentality that so many skeptics see exists.
It is not perceived as a friendly term, but comes across as very judgmental. You should hear them talk about it, and believe me they do…
We are so wrapped up in our “Christianize culture paradigm”
We really have to be more aware of how our language is perceived.

I am so soaked in the skeptic culture, it’s almost like I have developed a mind-meld with the thought process. The term “skeptic” is a more real interpretation of the journey and not as judgmental.

After I set up this application, THEN I’m joining the “Official Facebook Petition: To BAN the inviting of friends on Applications in Facebook…

No comments: