Thursday, January 8, 2009

creative fuZion // 2 //

Welcome to Thursday’s fuZion lab at designing for Philistines...

Once upon a time there was a blog kingdom where freaky creative’s could share the chaos created in their minds for THE Kingdom.
Sadly, it went away. Yet the creative minds keep blogging.

Now there is a place to share all those creative elements again at the fuZion lab.
So here’s what you do…

1. Each Thursday YOU post a blog on whatever creative church element sparks your passion.

2. In your blog, link back to this weeks specific creative fuZion lab.

3. Then link your particular post in the comments here.

4. Share your name, a brief description of the element and most importantly the link to your blog. If you don’t blog yet, feel free to share your idea in the comments.

5. Go visit other peoples ideas, comment and share.

6. Ready to begin? Here we go. Let the creative fuzion begin.

Spread the Word.
Dorothy (vicar of vibe)
_________________________________________________________

**Creative Elements from Cross Current Minstries**
This isn't an idea we have implemented yet, but something I'd like to try in the near future.
As I walk through life, almost every day my mind captures snapshots and extrapolates every day occurrences into worship designs.
I have absolutely no control over this. In fact I call it "God exploding in my mind". Sometimes it is a full blown worship experience, other times is a mere snippet. In fact that is why I started this blog. I had so many ideas running around in my head that they were crashing into each other. I needed a place to download my thoughts.
November 23rd, my mother took me to see the "Lion King". It was an amazing experience and a shining example of breaking through the fourth wall of stage design.
Just one of the moments that captured my imagination was these birds that had soaring over the audience. Check out this youtube video, you can see the character Zazu entering at 2:17. If you look closely you will also see other bird puppets in the background.





I saw about four - six people, spaced through-out the auditorium flying "something" over the heads of the worshippers.
So, I have spent the last couple of weeks trying to figure out how to implement this into worship. I have finally figured out I need fly fishing pools and fishing line. I have yet to figure out what to attach to the poles. I am thinking "fire". That may have to wait until this element works it's way into a specific message. We will see...

What is your wildest creative idea?

No comments: