Thursday, January 8, 2009

being...
















For me, if I had to stop doing everything "for church" and only focus on one thing...
It would be hanging out at Starbucks. It is my heart's discontent.
I strongly believe that I am being church when I am hugging the Muslim co-worker woman who just had a miscarriage this week.
I am being church when I am listening to the lonely transvestite (waiting for sex change surgery) cry over how much hatred is spewed at her/him.
I am being the church when I hold hands with a gal at work who had an affair; as she and her husband are struggling to put their marriage back together.

Everything I do “at church” is done with the same purpose. Again…
Entice the skeptic, challenge the lukewarm and spark passion in the believer to reach out to His lost children…

It is everything I am for Him…

What cause discontent in your heart?

No comments: