Friday, January 6, 2012

visioning & WAREHOUSING


Today I posted a pic on fb, of a young, thin man about 6 feet tall, African-American; claiming I found my long lost twin.
Now if you don't know me - I am a 54 year old grandmother of 6, short, fluffy (nice word for chubby) & Caucasian woman.
Recently I was musing that I realize that most people don't understand me or how I think. I am fine with that. Then I met Joshua Hill, my twin. Seriously, it was one of the most fun evenings I have had.
We are both extremely interested in creative stage design & experiential elements for our respective churches. We spent that time talking about our thoughts, ideas, past designs, future dreams...
We got talking about getting other churches together in the area to share stage designs we have created in the past with each other.
Now, that may not seem all that exciting; BUT I have been dreaming and praying about that very idea since about June 2008! I actually had to look the posts up on my blog to see how long I have been praying about it.
The concept is WAREHOUSE’ing actual set/stage designs, sort of where you are finished with a project and you are willing to give/share it with another church.
Sort of a clearing house idea where people could share their ideas of creative elements and possible lend or give props, designs, etc. away to other churches. Particularly there are so many churches that are working with a very small budget.
I can't begin to explain how fired up I am! It was just the shot of adrenaline that I need & that is so God! I always find it interesting how God works, in His time.

No comments: