Friday, January 6, 2012

when does a logo need to evolve?

Starbucks & XC. Time for a logo change?
Here I go, probably going to get myself in trouble again. It’s time to re-evaluate our XC logo.
Starbucks has cause all sorts of ruckus with it's announcement of a new changed logo yesterday.
But I like it, I get it.



















I personally have felt it has been time to re-evaluate XC’s logo for awhile now.







Colors need to be updated?
Is text is bang-on?
Font needs to be updated?
Does it reflect who we have become?

There are ways to update it and not change the overall concept.
Let me be clear, here are just my personal thoughts…
Color palette needs to be updated from 1980’s to a more current color palette.
Keep the X and add the C into the graphic. That is what more people are actually calling ourselves now.
Minimize, lighten in color the Minimize, lighten in color the CROSSCURRENT to the size and color of the Ministries. Keep the all caps &  add .org (?)
Point: It is interesting; our old school people still abbreviate our church C.C., while most of the newer people and groups use X.C. See they are actually picking up the X in our logo, it seems to reflect who we are currently.
Please note: I am NOT a graphic artist, so this is just a conceptual picture, not an accurate example.

Changing a logo – pros and cons

No comments: