Sunday, October 5, 2008

they went out to the Mount of Olives...
















I came from a traditional denominational background. I served in many capacities from deacon, elder to licensed minister. Without a doubt the most meaningful was serving the elements of the Last Supper and praying over the individuals.
I’m now a member of a non-traditional, non-denominational church. Because of the constraints of our current location, we are just starting to have communion more often. We meet in an auditorium of a middle school.
At first the school wouldn’t allow us to have any “food” in the school. There was a point where we actually filed out of the auditorium, out the front door of the school to be able to partake at the Lord’s Table outside of the school.
We now do it more often.
I grew up celebrating communion every Sunday. It has always touched my heart. Join with me...


"On the night that Jesus was betrayed...
Jesus took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to His disciples,
saying, "Take and eat; this is my body."
Then He took the cup, gave thanks and offered it to them, saying, "Drink from it, all of you. This is my blood of the new covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins. I tell you, I will not drink of this fruit of the vine from now on until that day when I drink it anew with you in my Father's kingdom."
When they had sung a hymn, they went out to the Mount of Olives."

I miss it…

No comments: