Monday, July 7, 2008

my first blog round up…

Since designing for Philistines…was specifically started to allow my brain to download worship design elements that explode in my brain and share ideas when they are implemented…I will limit my blog roll and round-ups on this site to people who do the same.
And this week I have made some new friends who sort of think like I do (that may or may not be a compliment) LOL.
Take a chance and read their stuff…very interesting. These are people who are actually doing things and writing about them regularly…
Jim Drake – who introduced me to wordle…
Chris Harrison at
prophets and popstars
And since this is my first blog round up…I’ll include Creative Chaos (on Thursdays) at
Ragamuffin Soul by Los Whittaker
I am thankful for meeting you guys out here in the blogsphere. I don’t feel so alone anymore…
Since I blog x4, I am only linking blogs here that relate to worship design elements. And trust me they are few and far between…

It hard to believe that I have only been blogging since March (2008). I never would have guessed that five months later I would have diversified into four blogs. This one for designing experiential worship elements,
smashing paradigms… for church marketing thoughts and nuggets and CruX-the heart of the matter… just about my ramblings, the last one is simply working of our website redesign.
My dream from the beginning has been to find other like minded bloggers out there. I'll keep searching..

2 comments:

Jodi H said...

re: in search of similar souls...

Hey Dorothy - saw your blog response on Collide Magazine's web site (re: patriotic church services) and I just wanted to give you a shout.

I'm a graphic designer just getting into motion graphics for a music publisher. I loved what you had to say with regard to your goals for worship pieces... "to entice the skeptic, challenge the lukewarm and thrill the believer to a new level." I would love to feel like what I do has the potential to do those things...

I don't have much time to blog or read blogs, but wanted to say that I appreciated your perspective.

Blessings!
Jodi at praisegathering.com

Perky Gramma Teaches said...

jodi,
Thanks...
Spread the word; I really feel that is what God is calling me to do...and what I feel the church should be doing...
If you come back hit me up on facebook.
I understand the time to look and read. I severly limit what I read because I want to spend my time (stewardship of time) wisely.