Monday, July 21, 2008

fishbowls vs. ocean…

**stepping onto soapbox**

My stated goal is to find the fishies in the ocean without a fishbowl
That is who I AM says i am to be…a fisherwoman
I am called to design new fish food.

This is going to sound harsh.
If you are a fishy from another fishbowl, I don’t care…
See, fishies from other fishbowls come in and say “back at my old fishbowl we”…
When I hear that I just shut down. I try NOT to say with all the love my little heart can muster “Go back to your old fishbowl”. (edited)

I’m not concerned with the type of fish food you like; there are lots of places to get fish food.
So what if the coral was brown I your last fishbowl, if the fishies in the ocean like fuchsia coral, then I’ll be adding a little fuchsia coral…
I don’t even care if I like fuchsia coral…

One of the fishies at my fishbowls felt drawn to our fishbowl because we are real, not afraid to get dirty. We also have rock worship music in our fishbowl. This fishy feels compelled to add lots of tradition hymns, because it is what she likes.
(Disclaimer: there is nothing wrong with hymns, it’s all about the heart.)

There are a lot of fishbowls out there, go find one that is already designed for you. I promise you it is out there…
It’s almost like I want to say IF you want to join us in this fishbowl…recognize it isn’t about you (or me).
Be prepared to fish!

**stepping off soapbox**

The Great Fishing Expedition (Commission) Matthew: 16-20
16 Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go.
17 When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted. 18 Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and fish in the ocean and make disciples of all those fishies, baptizing them in[a] the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

Just to clarify: there are lovely people in our fishbowl that play with the fishies and feed them once they make that leap into the fishbowl.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting read... curious if you are only referring to other Christian when you say "Go back to your own fishbowl..."

Perky Gramma Teaches said...

If by other Christians you mean: others who are already Christian simply looking for a "better" fishbowl...Yes.

If they are wanting us to become "like their old fishbowl", then why did they leave their OLD fishbowl? (unless they've moved or something)

I find so many fishbowl hopping fish, simply looking for "the next best fishfood". Consumer fishing...

BUT, if these fishies are looking for place that is likeminded in their

When I was looking around, I found a fishbowl that openly stated it was working hard at helping the fishes in the ocean...I knew that this was a place for me to serve.

For my heart has always been called to help the fishies in the ocean. Those who do not know the greatest fisher of men.