Tuesday, May 26, 2009

a gauntlet is being thrown down...

it’s 5:00 a.m. and God has woken me up again...
We have deal, God and I.
It always sounds a little flippant to me when I explain; but years ago, I was frantically seeking to be able to carve out more time with God. I finally gave up in desperation. I “told” God I simply couldn’t find time in my own power and I asked Him to please carve out the time for me and I would follow His lead.
Now, I must explain I love to sleep. Particularly I love to sleep late. Well, wouldn’t you know it that is where God met me?
At first I didn’t realize what was happening. That first week, I complained.
Then the realization hit me, DUH! I had asked for it and God was answering me. I now understand that when I wake up early, it is God calling me…
It is actually very interesting. For example, last night I set my alarm for 8:00 a.m. and BOOM! It’s 5:00 a.m. and I am awake and I instantly start singing a song of praise.
Today it was “How He Loves Us” by Kim Walker. At the point of “I am a tree, bending beneath the weight of His wind and mercy…”
I challenge you to find some time to truly encounter God…
Ask God today to carve that time out, step into Him, step…
Do you have just nine minutes today? Even if it is to simply stop for a few minutes and listen to this video.

Oh, how He loves us…

2 comments:

Louis Tagliaboschi said...

You are killing me. Thanks for the nudge. Please keep it up.

sweating from worship

Anonymous said...

Great post (and challenge) Dorothy! Been on that same journey now for a few months myself. Haven't been woken by my alarm clock more than 2 or 3 times since March, but I'm a little slower than you. It took me a month or so to figure out what was going on!

And I love that song!

"...heaven meets earth like a sloppy wet kiss..."