Thursday, September 23, 2010

holograms, seriously...

I recognize that where I go in my mind with stage designs and experiential elements for worship is off the chain. That being said, seriously, holograms in the worship experience is one small step closer to being a reality.

With not an ounce of technical ability; I am a dreamer, a visionary, the “vicar of vibe”. I see things, a simple image or video clip and I instantly start extrapolating it into how it could be utilized in the worship experience. Trust me, I find it just as odd and unusual as I am sure other people do. I seriously don’t believe it is me. I strongly believe that God has this ability see things in new ways.

So, simply put, I see these visions for the future, I pray for specifics (people with the needed talents and skills) and “Pow” He provides. Honestly I don’t really get it; I just keep stepping out in faith. I don’t know where this journey will lead.

Last Thursday I had a meeting with Nick (the large scale projections guy) and David, most awesome media guy. It was a “getting to know you” session. Nick works with a local company that specializes in providing full-service audiovisual rental, staging and production services, with a specialty in HD widescreen projection and keynote development. Read: Large Scale Projections. Woo Hoo!
In the course of our conversation, I mentioned the fact that I have dreamed for utilizing holograms in a worship environment for several years now.
His company probably something along this scale of holographic imaging (click to watch the first video showreel image).
If you continue down, you can watch the Radiometer Free Format™ Case. This is more along the line of what I have been thinking about.
Large scale, free format, holographic imaging. Probably in the open air space above the auditorium seating. There are several links in this post cheoptics on the brain.

This is the video that prompted the idea of using holograms in worship in my brain about 4 years ago


Next step…I believe it is to continue to pray for someone with grant writing experience.
So hear I go…

No comments: