Monday, September 6, 2010

cheoptics on the brain...

Back in the day when we used overhead projectors, black words on white backgrounds (about 15 years ago); I started playing with the thought concept of using holograms in a worship experience. Studying technological advancements that have occurred over the last 15 years, I still strongly believe that the next plateau will be cheoptics in worship.
This use of technology is not insanely new. Gorillaz have used it in their live performances. Diesel utilized this concept in their fashion show in 2007.
For the Diesel fashion show they utilized a combination of cutting edge digital art and performance CGI visual effects and 3D animations.
"The visuals are projected through a series of 'foils' into mid air, so you see the images in mid-air. The models can then interact with them and walk through them. We used plastic foils placed at 45 degree angles so that the projected light from the ceiling goes onto a foil, is reflected on to another and then into the air. (Creative Review, June 2007)
When I see effects like this my first thought is how to develop it for use in the worship experience. I know that I can’t be the only one who thinks along this process.
In fact it is time to pray. I have prayed for all of the following (plus a lot more) and God has faithfully provided; someone to sew, someone with carpenter skills, some one with projected video skills.
Now I am praying for someone that has experience in cheoptics and a desire to utilize their talent to serve God in the worship experience.

No comments: