Sunday, July 26, 2009

what's up with this 5:00 a.m. wake up...

For the sixth time this week I was wide awake between 5:00 and 5:30 a.m.
See God and I have an agreement. If He wakes me up early, I'm supposed to get up and spend time with Him. o.k., So I got up and was reading this morning.
But Samuel replied: "Does the Lord delight in burnt offering and sacrifices as much as in obeying the voice of the Lord? To obey is better than sacrifice, and to heed is better than the fat of rams." (I Samuel 1:22)

One of the main points in today's message was "To obey is better than sacrifice."
Hmmm...
Obey...
I will continue to do so...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I too woke up at 5 today. I was also reminded of Samuel as he said to Eli "Speak Lord, Your servant is listening." It had special meaning to me as I was thinking a lot about what I was preaching today. I arrived at the church by 6:30 to rework a section of my message that I felt Him telling me to change. He is good!!

Perky Gramma Teaches said...

He is very good!