Thursday, June 25, 2009

who do you hang out with?

I was lucky to find STUFF CHRISTIANS LIKE early on before he became such a phenomenon in the blog world. Jon is great at smacking people upside the head with the sometimes ridiculous things that we do/believe as Christians.
One of his earlier posts was called #58. Calling people "seekers" . It actually helped me come up with the rather tongue in cheek name of this blog "designing for Philistines..."

I've always thought the term "seeker" was more than a little condescending. I fight the term all the time. I prefer the word "skeptical". I love people who are skeptical.

Disclaimer: Yes, I understand we need other believers, blah, blah, blah. But honestly a lot of "Christians" insulate themselves in an exclusive world that doesn't have them interacting with anyone who is skeptical. And honestly, I think that is just wrong. I said it "wrong"!
I will choose to hang out with "people who Jesus loves" anytime over a "believer". It's what I am called to do...

So today's challenge is really a question:
How many people do you have in your life that are on a journey of skepticism?
Or do you surround yourself with "believers"?

If you are interested, here are a few classics from Jon's blog.

No comments: