Saturday, June 11, 2011

why, oh why didn't I use spell check?

What do you do when you have created a product (t-shirt) and forgot to use spell check?
Well, you use your noodle!
I have started a store at zazzle.com: httfnva and I am creating t-shirts to raise awareness of the human trafficking issue here in Northern Virginia. ALL proceeds will go towards ending human trafficking here in Northern Virginia.
The first shirt I made I spelled a word wrong. UGH!
Well, this is how I solved the problem; with a sharpie! Not perfect by any means, but hey it works. If they do *ask me, I respond with: "are you more concerned about the typo or about the fact that slavery still exists?"
Now I can wear my shirts without too much embarassment. LOL.
That shirt no longer "exsists" in the httfnva store. There are new ones now. There is one for Northern Virginia, Loudoun County and Fairfax County.
Each has a QR code on the back that leads to the National Human Trafficking Resource Center (NHTRC), run by Polaris Project with the hotline number 1.888.3737.888. I will be adding more as I get a chance.
Now let's see if I have any typos in my blog post.

No comments: