Thursday, April 24, 2008

Eloi

Eloi

He came to preach the gospel to the poor, the lost, the blind
He came to heal the broken souls abandoned, left behind
He came to set the captives free, and proclaim their liberty
To those living in darkness a great light has shined

Eloi, Eloi, lamma sabacthani
The mighty lamb crucified
In agony he cried
Eloi, Eloi, lamma sabacthani
The Great I Am crucified
In agony he died
My Eloi

And though the light was bright darkness could not see
The precious son of God, he’d come to set them free
And though his love was great, and his mercy wide
The people’s hearts were hardened as they shouted “crucify”

My God, my God, my God, my God
Why have you forsaken me?
I came to give the dead men life
And to let the blind men see
My humble gift they won’t receive
Help them Lord believe in me

No comments: